LETTER TO MY FUTURE HUSBAND

Before the famous hashtags in twitterverse was born, I already had my entries long before these became trending: #ToMyFutureHusband #ToMyFuturePartner #ToMyFutureSpouse

Because they were long been written, I can’t exactly remember the verbatim but some goes like this: (1) “If I find a spider in the house, you better kill it if neither of us can, I’ll kill you!” Yes, and that is so sweet of me, isn't it? (2) Support me in my willingness to stay fit and I hope we can do sports once a week (3) I’ll do the cooking, you do the dishes and garbage honey (4) We will serve God together

These were just a few which I honestly don’t know what has gotten into me to twit them. Haha! But seriously, the 4th one is what I’m really dead serious about.

With numerous weddings I had attended over the last 2 years, never I imagined myself getting married anytime soon. Why? Because I’m still foxhunting my gullible man that I will be spending the rest of my life with. Whoever that person is, I don’t know if we belong to the same planet/continent or not – yet, the thrill of finding out who he is, is still there.

And while I’m not racing down the aisle, it is uncommon for unmarried people my age to wonder if or when will they get married.

At 30, I find myself childless, unmarried, living with my family and with the most pressing concern being the placement of my tattoo. Such a stark contrast to the life I envisioned when I was in my early twenties wherein I would by now be a domestic goddess with one young child and another on the way and a husband.

But for now, here is a letter I would want him to read before we exchange our vows to forever.


Dear future husband / life-partner / significant other,

Congratulations for you have proven that you can stand how difficult I am sometimes or is it most of the time? Someone who will tolerate my eccentricity for the rest of our lives, as early as now I’m saying “thank you” and “good luck” for I maybe the weirdest of the weirdest you will live with until we are old and grey.

As the famous saying of Dr. Seuss “I am weird, you are weird. Everyone in this world is weird. One day two people come together in mutual weirdness and fall in love.” Definitely, you are a weirdo yourself too because you won’t be reading this if not.

I don’t make promises; I don’t say things just for the benefit of saying it because it might be the one you want to hear or expecting somehow. But what I can assure is we will work on this and it’s going to be hard work so we will overcome whatever challenge come our way.

This is about it for now, because I honestly don’t know who you are yet. Maybe, I’ll add some more once I get to meet you someday. But for the time being, I guess I’m like anyone else who walks in the dark and waiting for the light as I reach the end of this pathway.

Love,

Your beloved future wife and partner in crime who is bane of your existence


‘nuff of these mushy-mushy stuff for I am lost for words now.

Richard and Maricar’s wedding is blameworthiness of this entry thus, I might say that they had the best of the best love story ever (from showbiz) which I’ve heard.

If Richard is in front of me right now, definitely I’m giving him a slow clap because he is the archetype of a Christian man. (Do you have any single brother or cousin perhaps that I can meet?? Lol!) He did the right thing from courtship to asking Maricar to be his wife. Meet the girl’s family, talk to the girl’s father of what the intentions are. Clearly stating his purpose of courting Maricar earned Richard a million and one pogi points. Does he really need “pogi points” considering that he is already good-looking? With his chinito heart (yes I’m just quoting his words) definitely his actions swooned Maricar’s heart for sure. What I really like about the wedding video, is that when the Pastor said “You may now kiss the bride” Richard and Maricar had 3 attempts before they actually kissed! Can you imagine that? Wow! The moment they’ve been waiting for, so the excitement or I must say “specialness” of their first kiss is really worth the wait.

Now, I’m betting Richard read Joshua Harris’ books. *wink**wink*

For us Christians, yes, there are actually some rules in courtship and until you two become a couple. Some will find this corny for whatsoever reason but it made sense. You cannot kiss her until you are married, you cannot even hold her hands too. Why? Because these small gestures will open doors to being more comfortable with each other leading to actions that we actually avoid until we tie the knot.

Okay, okay, okay. Find me corny-old-fashion-conservative-30ish-woman but I agree with what the church tells us. After all, this is for the betterment of us. They won’t teach something that will make our Christian life miserable.

Again, I’m not condemning anyone or this post is intentionally written to piss you’re a*s out. NO. Whatever written here is solely my POV (point of views) and will remain as it is.

Thanks for reading!



At 3:40, what the Pastor said was the same Bible verse my Dad wrote to Mom on one of his love letters as husband and wife ♥ sweeeeeeeeeet :) 

7 comments:

  1. Ang galing mo mag sulat. Well put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/18/2013

    I pray and wish that you will find your "archetype" of a Christian man because you are the "archetype" of a Christian woman.

    At your age, I salute you that you are not rushing and really believe that God is preparing you both until you are ready.

    You have a good heart, I know and I can feel and see it. I'm sure, God will give you the best of the best for you. Who knows he is from within the corner, or someone whom you already met and doesn't have the idea that he is the one until it is revealed right in front of you. Just keep praying and believing that he is somewhere right there. Also waiting and praying for you.

    God bless you always Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6/18/2013

    I may sound bitter but probably yes. I admittedly am jealous of you. Despite the detractors you once had, still you manage to look the positivity in your life.

    No wonder why you are blessed because of your good heart. It's sad that until now, you don't have a special someone yet. But it doesn't mean that you won't have any soon. It's so happen that you are loved and mostly they are shy to ask you out.

    The trials you had made you stronger, stronger and yet you excel in whatever you do. Sometimes, it may be hard to believe that still, there are people who exist like you. We are in the BPO industry and give justice that we are not just happy go lucky individuals.

    Many of us envy you because of the attention you get from boys and suitors. You don't wear make-up and doesn't want attention either. You didn't accepted any invites and yet you didn't have the image we are wanting you have.

    I'm sorry if me and my friends used to hate you. Probably because we don't know you personally but based on what we heard and experienced you are indeed lovable.

    We are just glad that someone like you exists that we can look up to.

    Yes, we are jealous of you and hate you to death but not anymore and sorry for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Thanks for the comment and I appreciate your honesty. Wala naman reason to get angry with me.

      Delete
  4. Mackenzie6/18/2013

    Ganda naman neto. Ikaw na ang writer. Haha!

    ReplyDelete