MONEY TALKS

In my years of existence wherein I definitely matured enough as I enjoy the final stretch of being an early 30s woman, in fact my age will be out from the calendar in a few months’ time hence, which is another story once I’m at the last leg running to be out of the timetable.

But for now, let’s dwell on the last months wherein my friends whom composed of mostly married individuals have the same pang of their new roles as spouse to their lovely significant other. How can I possibly be in the position giving pieces of advice in solving a married couple’s dilemma? Yes, probably I have grown making this blog the witness from a teeny-bopper to a young adult to a young professional to motherhood in the making but that doesn’t make the cut in giving penny for thoughts for my dear friends.

I don’t know how I will give fair justice in responding to their married life centric questions yet they still want my honest opinion. Probably these [were all] men want to know how a woman thinks if put into that situation, perhaps? How does a married lady needs to act in such a situation wherein I, myself doesn’t have the faintest clue in what way it’s supposed to be acted up then? Oh goodness gracious, sometimes I ask myself “What I have done to have these kinds of friends that see me as a marriage counselor?” Can someone explain this to me NOW?! Lol.

Definitely I’m just jesting yet I felt that certain need of a pair of listening ear when they came up to me.

Money matters, money talks. How sad the demesne of couple life sometimes may get, right? Why do we let such thing happens? Married life may be tricky; a lot of problems and hard work to battle these up will be the constant to-do list yet many are unintentionally putting this on the backseat while they drive towards the road of their married life.

“The love of money is the root of all evil” as opposed to Money is the root of all evil things.

“The Spirit of Mammon” how many of you have heard or read this? It’s a spirit which actually puts their trust in wealth and values money more than anything else.

We are human, and we cannot avoid that we are compartmentalizing everything making money dictates. This shouldn’t be the case, if your spouse says “Honey, let’s buy this or let’s go this place” and you as the provider of the family will respond in your mind “Gosh, my bank account is only this, how can we afford that?” and you ended up bursting “Uhm, my bank account is insufficient” BOOM! Away na yan! Tsk! Regardless how much you have in your bank account, you can have it. If you want it to happen – pray for it, believe for it, seek for it. “Mayaman si Papa!” we have a generous Father, He provides everything for His children, even the children of His children.

Some of us take it as it is when they read a Bible verse. Matthew 6:19 – Do not store. (Kaya yung iba gastos agad). This planning is very short term which I myself, wouldn’t dare practicing it.

Internal Perspective - You believe that your money is not going to be used on earth but it is going to be used to be a blessing to advance God's kingdom.

Long-term Perspective - Money doesn't become your master, money becomes your tool. Money is just a tool. (Penge naman ng tool diyan! Damihan mo na rin ha? Haha!)

Others’ motto in life is “Eat, drink and be merry” Because it is written in the Bible found in Luke 12:19. However, before you make this as your life’s aphorism, make sure you read the next verse and you will understand why I disagree that you use it.

Every couple is blessed, and so everyone is! The blessing is already prepared for you. But are you prepared for the blessing? This is the question we should ask if we keep on praying for something yet it was not answered (still)?

Example: If I will give my future daughter a car (naks!) for her 13th birthday, that’s already a blessing. But it will be detrimental for her age, right? This analogy works best for us. How God can trust us for something bigger if we cannot take care of small blessings He gives us? Another one, some of us already made plans where to put their bonuses. I want an iPhone 5C or iPhone 5 in GOLD edition (diba, choosy pa?) Not knowing we are being used as a “Channel of Blessing” to hand this to someone who really needs it. I remember the bag I was dying to buy last month which took me 45 mins at the Charles & Keith store. You can read it here. 

Our focus should be on the person who blesses us. I thank God for answered prayers and I thank God for unanswered prayers also, because Lord I’d rather work on my character that I’d be ready than receive thing that my draw me away from You.

My advice to these couples, step in that faith realm to give unto God. Because God blesses and multiplies. Multiplication happens when something is blessed by God. Multiplication happens when something is given away.

It’s not about the money for we have a bigger, better, stronger God who knows exactly what our needs are.

P.S.


Credits to 8tracks for keeping me company in the background while writing most of the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment