EVERYDAY LOVE

Today may not be the best day to write something here, but waking up a little early than usual gave me the energy to work my fingers to type while my brain is busy dictating what to write next. Blogging is a bit personal to me,  I want to express how happy, bad or even so-so a day may go in my life. Though I somehow (or MOSTLY will be more accurate hehe) that there are instances I feel na kung anu-ano na lang ang naisusulat ko dito.  Hahahaha!
 
Too bad that my old blog was deleted from the face of cyber world due to unavoidable circumstances. And it was a bit sad however, I might agree that it was the best happened to my old blog. I have written a lot from Friendster to pansitan.net to Multiply (which I'm glad that these are all now defunct) then the birth of my blogspot came right after which I've been managing for quite a long time now. Though I cannot exactly recall each and every entry I'd made in the past, the reason why they made to be an "entry" has a story behind it to tell.
 
It all started this morning with one song I was playing. It's a daily habit that I play praise and worship song as my "date time" with Him. Well in fact, I can skip this if I want to so it'll buy me extra time and spend with myself so I won't be late for work. But I'd rather choose it because this makes me a little jollier and less cranky plus the fact that coffee needs to be my ultimate source of "power jolt"

Each day that we wakes up, let's be thankful for the chance to make make up (if any) for things we did that may hurt or pissed someone, pray for the new day and extend a helping hand to those who needs it. What does a typical kind of day is really looks like for a young professional like me? Probably it's more of like this: you wake up, dropped by to a nearby Starbucks and get your caffeine fix and if you have a little more time then you might as well get some muffins or donuts along the way. Walk pass through the busy lobby in your regular phase while saying "Good Morning" to the guards and colleagues from the moment you step out of the lift until you reach your cubicle. I bet, you will not open your PC yet after you just put down your stuff (bag, lunch kit, laptop) because the coffee may get cold and you have to consume it first while enjoying your pastry and that morning-starter-convo-with-your-buddies.

Sounds perfect right? Errr, that only happen in movies, I guess. But in reality, you have to learn the art and grace of running in heels while still looking pulled together. You'll get a cup of brewed coffee at Mc Donald's situated on the GF of the building where you work or if you are a bit hungry, then it will be an upgraded hamdesal to-go for sure.


Everyday, we send love. Love for the people we meet or the one who attended us at the fastfood counter. I forgot how many times I almost get myself into a fight because of my pet peeve - a rude customer who will make it hard for a fastfood crew. Come on brotha?!?!?! Do you really have to be that impatient? Didn't you realize that she has been up longer than your wake up time so she can prepare and be ready to be in service? Are we gone mad for not taking these little things into consideration? To begin with, you have used your "sosyal-accent-slang" in just ordering pancakes and you expect that she will understand it in one go? Seriously?!?!?!?! Even I didn't understand it and at the back of my mind was  like "What the????? Ano raw??????"

'Nuff about that pet peeve moment I had experience more than once.

How do you show love everyday? Maybe in a form of RAK (Random Act of Kindness). If we will make this a habit, even before we know it, it's already in our nature to do RAK (Rak-rakan naaaa! Hehe!) It can be shown in a lot of different yet small gestures. Holding the door for the person at your back, or helping an old man/woman to cross the street (btw, this is my favorite!), assisting someone with their bag of groceries or simply smiling :) A smile is powerful, we never know what a person is going through at the moment and with one smile from unknown individual, it can help him boost his energy if he may be feeling a bit down. I love smiles, smiling at little kiddo, at random strangers, anyone whom I caught looking at me.

In the past quarter, I have gained new friends from simply hanging out at Mc Donald’s or Starbucks. Sounds bloodcurdling for some, but I will tell you it is not. Like, hey! It’s just a stranger trying to win a friend, and by giving some of your time, then you have helped him in a modest way. A pair of listening ear to help them feel a little lighter that day can do wonders on what they may going through. This is an act of everyday love.

Pardon me for the highlighter nginig. Hehe!

It is written in the Bible and I hope this verse will always be a simple reminder on how we act towards strangers, let’s send Everyday Love to our family, friends, colleagues and even strangers J

No comments:

Post a Comment