GIVING DIRECTIONS

I remember having a conversation with the delivery man not so long ago on giving instructions on how he will reach our house. It may seem tricky at first due to many streets within the village but with careful thinking on how I will communicate to him the message will do the trick. Too many things will be put into consideration such as: 1) How much familiarity he has in the east area. 2) Landmarks that will be easily seen from afar. 3) Mode of transportation (if he’s going on commute which I’m praying NO or he’ll have his own car). Good thing he has his own means of transportation then, else I might have died giving a very detailed steps just to reach our home or I could’ve given up in an instance and told him “Let’s just meet at SM or probably Gateway.” Haha! Sometimes being so impatient of me makes me want to do things in a snap.
In our daily journey, we are like the delivery man. Christianity is full of directions and we must obey it for us to make sure we are on the right path and we will reach our travel of destination.
John 14:6
“I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
Studying the Word gives us clear directions and we must simply follow them. Sounds easy? But the truth is, it is NOT. We need to follow instructions that will define us later in our life. Isn’t it amazing how these were already written for us? All we just have to do is trust and have a real relationship with Jesus.
Too many tests will come along the way; the work of devil will always be present. But may these verses give us the courage that God’s directions on us are what we need to listen and follow.
John 3:16
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”
1 Corinthians 15:1-5
“Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand.  By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.  For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. “
Salvation is achieved by Christ’s atonement, not by our attainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment