HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!

Happy Birthday Daddy! All you have taught me will be forever cherished. I love you so much and I miss you badly it hurts.

I may not have witnessed a miracle right before my naked eyes, but looking back and have this little trip down the memory lane [now] made me realized that every single day spent with you is a miracle itself. With such a great faith to our Creator and having this positivity all through out the battle is such a testimony that miracles do happen. Bravery in a way where violence wasn’t present – not even on a single chance is what I admire in you the most. Never in an occasion had you let fear drawn in you, but you had used this to make your faith in Him become stronger and deeper each day. With overflowing love for God, it was infectious enough for us to know what "faith" is all about.

To all the doctors I’ve known and talked to about this battle my Dad had, all of them were surprised that he went that far and was lucky that he never experienced pain. I guess this is the miracle I was waiting for to happen. Not knowing that God made a miracle to spend much time with us. Now, I know that Dad never wasted a time in his life to teach us how wonderful God is.

He wants to be a Pastor someday; he wants to spread the word of God. This is what he wants to spend the rest of his life on earth – to preach and share what a great experience he have with God. Little did my Dad knew, he already started preaching and sharing on the first day he said his declaration that God is real.

Too bad that your future grandchildren will no longer meet you, but with so many great stories about you, it may be enough to fill the emptiness of your presence as they may keep on asking me how I was taken care of such a great father. You successfully raised a family with whom you had taken care of more than 30 years. With such a loving husband and a good father, we couldn’t ask for more. Now I was pretty challenge (still) with what you told me that I must find someone better than you or at least was able to be of equal to you.

We can still your presence around us, reminding us that you are watching over us. I long for your hugs and kisses and I know someday, we will be together again. But for now, you left us temporarily to be with our Creator.

"Death is something we must not be scared of, this is the only transition for us to experience eternal life with God." I remember you telling me and Mom this with no hint of fear at all. I wish I can be like you Dad, always facing everything positively.




2 comments:

  1. Twitter Baby7/31/2012

    You are so lucky to have a blessed Dad. I wish my Dad is like yours, very protective and loving.
    I know how proud he is to have you as his daughter.

    God Bless you and your loved ones Lexi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so touching, i honestly felt jealous how loving your parents are. kita naman sa iyo paano ka pinalaki ng parents mo. magalang ka, mapag mahal at yung pagiging mabait mo sa mga tao, nakaka tuwa. swerte magulang mo sa iyo. i pray someday mapalaki ko rin yung daughter ko to be like you. nakaka inspire ka, alam mo naman yun dahil sa mga nag mamahal sa iyo, one of a kind boss ka. sobrang down to earth.

    ReplyDelete