6 MONTHS X 181 days

I’ve always wanted to do a countdown, but one way or another I was consistently failing in starting one. Now, this is the right time because it’s September 1st and it is exactly 6 months away till I celebrate my 31st birthday.

Few things to ponder with this risky final stretch until I’ll be kicked-out of the calendar are 1) I’ll be sharing a daily snippet about myself which I was actually be putting with this hash tag #31st that has started on twitter 2) I may fail to post a daily entry with the same hash tag but if and only if, I will make up for days to make sure I will end up with 181 posts (still). Please understand that I am a busy bee trying to squeeze everything in a short 24 hours per day.

I am not ashamed to admit that I’m 30 years old now and in a few months’ time, another year will be added making me fall off from the days in the calendar. Shoot! Freaking 31 years of existence and I still feel like I’m stuck in my 20’s, seriously I’m honestly admitting what I’m actually feeling.

What the world has come into that I am thinking of doing a countdown? None, of course and the world is just spinning on its axis and it is not blameworthy. It all happened when I was listening to what the pastor was saying earlier. Just a little background about me, my parents has different religion but it never became an issue. Dad was a Christian, while Mom is a Catholic. Today was the first Sunday and it was quite a big gathering so we attended the service. We were so overwhelmed of the warm welcome. My Mom couldn’t be any happier because since they found out that my Dad has the Big C, they never failed to support us until the day we brought him to his resting place.

It all started with the lesson I learned from the Bible study yesterday and what the Pastor said earlier.

If we want to know someone, how do we do that? It’s the same on how we want to know Christ more.

We introduce our self to the person and instant communication | Talk to the person who know him/her and talk about him/her to others | Always find time to talk to him/her once you get to know him/her

These are all similar in what we do in our Christian life, right? Communication is essential for us to sustain the bond that we are trying to make. Once this has been established, constant messaging will definitely make the connection stronger. We tell God what we feel, what we want. Same goes to the person we want to know better, we open up so they will understand our actions better.

Being confrontational is my greatest frustration in life. It was so, so hard for me to do that leaving me the sole victim of being a fraidy-cat. Let’s not dwell on that, shall we? Maybe my Fairy Godmother will soon change me to be the opposite one on the day of my birthday.

Lessons I have learned to pinch and punch this first day of the month is: It’s OK not to be OK. This was actually a book given by a friend to me because he knew that I need it, or was he stalking me that much on Twitter to see that I twitpic this sometime last month? Lol. It was so sweet of him that he thought that I actually need and get to read it before my sanity diminishes soon enough. Anyhow, I’m kidding despite I am that grateful of his thoughtfulness. Nakaka-taba ng puso! Salamat ng marami kaibigan.

Another one is: Trust the PROVIDER not the Provision. This month has officially begun and I all lift it to HiM. My worries, fears, anxiety, and pain – I’m giving it all to You, Lord. Forgiveness is hard if we will not let God do His works for us.

I have 181 days to write, 25 weeks and 6 days to be specific | 4,344 hours to spend wisely with the people I love and care about | 15,638,400 seconds to make the most out of it each second.

PS:

Tomorrow, I'll be back on my regular programming after reuniting with needles again (for the nth time, tsk!) yesterday. 



*Entry for September 1 | 180 days to go*

No comments:

Post a Comment