ONE YEAR

Waking up to a very beaaaaautiful day is more of saying “Thank You Lord for giving me one more day to make up for yesterday’s mistakes”

I couldn’t be any happier (as in!) that it’s officially a year after I got a prayer answered. Looking a year ago, so many things had changed: responsibilities got bigger, met new friends, travelled a lot, and grew my spiritual side even more to sustain a stronger take in life’s challenges and most of all – fell in love with someone whom I didn’t thought of falling in love with. That’s so bold of me – but (crossing my fingers) hope he doesn’t get to read this or else I will be forever affronted plus no name was mentioned so practically (phew!) I’m on the safe side. Never in the past years I will get those butterflies in my tummy again, heartbeat gets faster and that awkward moment when you get to see him. Kilig! Funny part? You pretend you are totally fine when you talk to him or during the exchange of text messages. I might be the corniest girl alive, but hey! Give me credits for smiling while texting. Shame on me, but I lost count how many times I was caught by my colleagues smirking while texting when they suddenly showed up at the door of my cubicle. Tsk! SMH.

Enough of mawkish stuff, that’s it. Less talk, less damage. Teehee.

Looking back, I was just a buddy to my friends who wants to load on some calories. Sige, give in to all the invites because “I’m stress” excuse was so legitimate to use back then not to mention that you add up some lung-friendly-bustles in your daily habit, too. Glad that I was able to finally put halt on these two buzzes of my life.

Being fit and more conscious on your health was my main goal. I started loading with more veggies, fish and chicken. Watching what I eat was the aim I instilled when I reach 30 and I’m somehow proud that I was strong enough to fight any temptation. I am not pushing for a full-blown pescatarian but more on being a pollotarian. I tried going on a pescatarian diet but being on-the-go my food choices to only seafood was limited so the need to shift to being pollotarian was no hassle at all. Meaning, I eat meat from poultry but no meat from mammals. Of course, my menu will still have veggies, seafood and chicken.


Life couldn’t be any happier than now; with all the blessings I received so I can hand it to those who really need it is the BEST experience God have given me. Thank You Lord for speaking to me through all these involvement I’ve been through. With Your majestic love, I couldn’t feel any more complete than what I’m feeling now. 


*Entry for September 10 | 171 days to go*

No comments:

Post a Comment