BLESSINGS

As I celebrated my first year anniversary yesterday, Noel (a good, good) friend of mine called and we had a little catching up. We were friends for quite a long time now; he used to be my cousin’s choir-mate (if there such term like that) when we were all living in Makati and all attending the same school. Though we met when we started working at Transcom and the wonder of Facebook’s connection made us realize that our common friend is my cousin. Small world!

Noel will always be a close friend of mine; we’ve been through a lot. He met my family and they knew him from the stories I’m telling them. The intention I’m sharing this it’s because he told me I reminded him that I am the reason why he feels he is not blessed and I am. Seems that my umbrella was turned upside-down when blessings poured. And he told me if I have any encouraging words for him with all the mishaps happening to his career. I jokingly answered him “Sige, ready ka na? Eto lang yan, pag mabait bine-bless ni Lord. Para tayong yin-yang. Ako sa positive ikaw, negative” and we burst into laughing. But of course, I did tell him some real encouraging words and I’m going to keep it to myself.

A little fact about me: my friends will always be the bida in my kwentos to my family. Even though they haven’t met these people I’m talking about, they will somehow know who are the peeps I’m hanging out with. So when they finally get to meet my friends in flesh, they will know that I will always have good company. Ehemp! Always surround yourself with positive people. My family knew my SFC family, my Transcom family, my future family. Haha! Feeling lang, walang basagan ng trip.  Even my co-workers, my boss, I let them get an idea what kind of people they are. That’s how open I am to my parents. Like my Mom will always tell me “Ang nagsasabi ng tapat, nagsasama ng maluwat” Wow! This will even pass as a piece of advice if I’m in a relationship. Naku po!

Blogging was more of a hobby for me and the reason why I started this is because I’m a frustrated writer and I just feel like writing nonsense stuff. But in all unpretentiousness, I just don’t blog or write if it’s not blog-worthy. If I get to eat something really delish and the experience was the bomb, then it will make it as an entry here, no “pwede na” because the main reason why I do it is to preserve the experience by putting it here aside from the pictures I’ll be taking of course. Most of the entries I’ve had in the past decade are purely words and it’s about time (I think) to incorporate a little photo diary if need be.

Bragging is a no-no for me so please; don’t expect that my blog’s main objective is that. All the reviews I made or my take on different things in life is not asking from you (if you are reading this blog, thank you ☺) to take my side, too. Everyone is created differently from one another and that makes us a unique work of God. Our point of views may not be always the same, but that what makes us beautiful. Differences we have is a sign that distinctiveness is implanted in us and that imprint is an indication how much effort God put when he created each of us. Learn to embrace the uniqueness in you!

I get to talk to some who told me up front that they are actually reading my blog. Yehey! Here’s a BIG virtual hug for all of you. In fairness, nakaka-kilig to know that there were some people who gets inspired on some entries they have read or at least napangiti with my corny punch lines. I took it seriously whenever I’m creating an entry, but the punch lines and corny jokes are just part of it ha?! That’s not where I’m focusing of course, on the side na lang yun. #DefensiveLang

Re-evaluating while I did a little trip back down the memory lane, I am a blessed child of God. I feel loved even if my height is only 5’2, I’m pretty thin, doesn’t have a perfect set of teeth, my hair is a mess every minute, I cannot draw, I don’t have a talent like singing or dancing, and the list goes on. Well, I’m perfectly fine because this is what God wants me to be. With the love I get from the people around me, (naks, ang yabang!) daig ko pa ang may boyfriend dahil sa dami ng nag aalaga sa akin sa office. Pero it will be another story once I get to meet my GG (God’s Gift) yes, there may be potentials but I want someone who is God-fearing, maiintindihan at tanggap ako dahil isa akong baliw. Haha! I’ve always been praying for a safety net. Someone who will catch me when all else fails. A person who won’t judge me if my ideas and decisions are wrong, hence he’ll be my number one supporter to tell me that I can do it better next time. A believer notwithstanding of my weaklings, that a little push will make me better – I can’t do it alone but I hope and pray and I’m positive that somewhere out there, I will get to meet him soon.  My GG will be my prayer warrior, a partner wherein he loves God more than me. A man of faith trusting that in every situation thrown our way, we will remain standing strong as a couple with God-centred relationship. Here’s what I’m sharing about little steps I read that will surely help all the single men and women out there.




I couldn’t be any happier knowing that my friends from work, schools, ex-colleagues, etc. they never fail to let me feel how much they care for me. I truly appreciate the little surprises you make several days a week. Reminding me to eat or at least slow down. Thank you! I may be the worst person who always shows how I care for someone but sucks in taking care of my own self. Pardon me, but saying you are swamped will never be an excuse and I am sorry that I’m now reaping the consequences for being a pasaway and pabaya all rolled into one.

Never will I get tired of saying that I am more than blessed to be used as an instrument in handing a blessing to someone who really needs it. Always been a believer that this is God’s way of speaking to me, through these people I get to meet daily somehow, there will be a hint that you meet them for a certain reason. I’m glad that with these responsibilities, it is indeed helping me grow maturely in an aspect where I can be a woman whom can attest how great our God is.

Talk – this is very normal in my daily life. Not the kind of talk wherein I have a vast audience and a projector of the topic I’m blabbing about. It is more of, giving pieces of advice to a group of 3 (especially if I was attacked by these girls from nowhere) asking me what’s my take on this and that. Most of the questions I got emphases more on love life (basta single talaga ang galing mag advice), beauty tips or how do I do my make-up which I find it funny, I’m no expert on this and yet they want tutorial, what goes best with this color or basically what’s in to be an it girl. Ladies naman! I’m not a fashionista myself but I can give tips to look fashionable for a fraction of a cost. That’s how frugal I am and I’m not shy to admit that I’m really kuripot. And my most favorite part? We talk about how we live as a Christian. Yes, let’s use this simple opportunities in confirming that we have a great God. With all the changes, challenges and what not, then being calm and collected is the best defence we have. Trust the PROVIDER and not just the providence alone.

So many stressful events ended and I’m happy they’re all in the back burner now. Until now, I don’t know where did I get the strength to continue living each day yet it came that I don’t look forward to it because I will definitely have a hard day battling over someone who never failed to give me a heartache. The effects of not releasing your anger for no apparent reason –I can’t and no matter how hard I try, I just simply cannot get mad. If and only if that continued, probably I could’ve gotten a heart attack. In short, I’m more than happy because nothing serious happened to me and I hope the recent trips to the hospital will be put into stop.

With my one-minute pocket Bible comes handy at all times, I can say it’s more than enough of an armor to face different battles to prove I am a warrior of God.




*Entry for September 11 | 170 days to go*

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/11/2013

    you are truly an inspiration ms. lexie. we are thankful that you remain humble kahit marami kang blessings. God bless maam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! nakaka taba naman ng puso. salamat po :) God bless!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9/12/2013

    you're such a good catch. lucky man if he will win your heart.

    ReplyDelete