CHRISTIAN GIRL

In the last 2 weeks of May, I was nursing a bruised ego and I took all the chances to veer away my thoughts from that heavy situation and I think I successfully did it somehow. I spent much time with a friend I got to get connected with after 2 years of asking me out and I finally gave in the invitation (Ayoko kasi ng makulit haha! So I end up saying yes.) We went to a 3-day conference, heard Nick Vujicic’s talk and rest of the week was spent over good food and never-ending chat. Those remaining days of May were well consumed and I’m pretty much telling myself that I’m good with this set-up.

Going out, Courting and Dating are 3 different terms that was often mistaken synonymously with one another. Well sorry to break your belief if these 3 has the same meaning to you. I would want everything clearly defined one after the other so no misperception will be born or at least it can be prevented in the future. Set everything clear, say what your intentions are and from there, decide what the next steps are.

Christian Courting – This term is somehow new and I myself would want this even if I’m too old for the “courtship stage” why? Because this will be your preparation to Christian Dating (Hay nakuuu! Sinabi ko na kasi na read Joshua Harris’ book Boy meets Girl eh) Haha!

Christian Dating – Definitely I’m not certified to write something about this because I’m not yet dating. And should I be dating, definitely it won’t happen pretty soon.

For about nearly a month [conservative count] was a checker shade of sunshine. These are the times that I wanted to take another route and when you are all decided that’s were confusion will begin. Like what was mentioned in the first sentence that I thought I successfully did it but I wasn’t.

There are no rules actually in life that we follow. Honestly, I was receiving emails like 2-3 asking me to blog about moving on, how to deal with a bad and not so bad break-up and the likes. Maybe you can go back from this post and this post because I’m way past that stage. Seriously, I cannot answer these emails and yet I’m blogging because somehow, this might answer your queries for now.

Don’t entertain other/s because you want to speed up the process. That will be unfair to the person making him as the subject of “on the rebound”. Make sure that you are fully healed and don’t use other’s company to help you get fixed. Yes, this might be hard for some especially if there were a few waiting in line and willing to extend a helping hand. My answer is NO and don’t attempt. It will just worsen the condition. Nippily jumping without much thinking can bring a lot of consequences. When I mean a lot I’m telling you a LOT. You’ll find later on as you scroll down.

Not everyone will keep their promises. Don’t get mad if they didn’t, just be careful which one to believe at next time. We must and never get someone held accountable for their assurances for the reason that when they said that, they knew it was right at that point in time of course. Day passes quickly and eventually it will be threadbare once it reaches its breaking point.  

Change is the only constant thing in this world. So if someone says “nothing changes” that’s only for now, but sooner it will change, too. This is the sad reality of life that we must accept, smile about it and move on. The moment someone told you that phrase is actually on the state wherein he knew for a fact that, that is the right thing to do. Don’t blame or judge a person, but rather accept and learn from it that sometimes we hear what they want us to hear to cease the fire.

For those who are following me on Twitter, thoughts shared were a bit blatantly honest causing me to gain a lot of tweets asking “What’s wrong?” and I, on the self-protective side will have keep my mouth shut. Always been a firm believer of “Less talk, less damage” mantra.

Don’t get me wrong, I was impressed by M’s perseverance thus perseverance finished its work for us. Same with our faith which I talked about on this post that trials and never ending trials will be a part of our Christian life. When he cleared his intentions to me last day of May I took it as a step to finally giving this guy a chance. Truthfully, I appreciate his actions, how he made up for those two weeks letting us attend activities that will strengthen our faith, joined youth services which I won’t deny that I did enjoy. Music has been a part of my system and when he brought me to these events, I was a happy panda singing and jumping for God. M will always be a friend to my eyes; probably that’s how it was set. No romantic strings or impact at all. Entertaining someone to forget someone is not a good idea, certainly I was on the process of harboring my feelings (naks!) because I knew that I like another guy during these times. I remember telling myself, June is the month that I will finally take each day with baby steps to finally let go yet, turn of events was appallingly not on my side. When you’re decided to distant yourself from someone, that’s when things will become playfully mean to you. I don’t have any regrets that after our friendship was fixed, that’s when we had the chance to get to hang out and talk more often which I don’t have any qualms about. It had the right mix that somehow we managed to retain the friendship that was almost gone mid-May.

Pretty big mess was born because of actions that were not thought hard enough about. I don’t repudiate that actions connotes to selfishness. If there will be a chance to do from scratch a portion of my life, then definitely I will start from where this had begun. It started with a joke and now I was inside of confusion for I have coddled myself unaware from these activities enjoying it leaving me lost in the middle of nowhere.

Ooops! Hold your horses before you say any violent reaction. Let’s just add more meat into this entry so I’m fully wasting your time reading. Need to pencil in more points so this message will get across as “general” answer to those who took their time to email and tweet me. Thanks for making my brain work at least once in every decade. Appreciate that folks!

It would be best if you will start with being friends first. Nothing beats the foundation of friendship. Take things slowly and you will eventually outgrow this in due time if and only if you two decided to take it one step higher. Now, if things didn’t work at least you have gained yourself a friend.

Like I mentioned in twitter, guys who meet your family will always earn my credits of respect. Right then and there, it’s clearly stating what your intentions are. *slow clap* don’t ask my family whom they met in the past because they will just say one or two if their memory serve them right. I just don’t like them getting close to anyone other than my friends because I hate being questioned about who-and-what-happened-with-this-guy-what’s-his-name-again? kind of scenario. Good Lord I’ll be chagrined for sure.

In any relationship, communication is the key. My bestfriend and I celebrated our 5th year and would you believe that we live 6,000 miles of ocean in the way? How we managed to keep our friendship? Daily BBMs, chat and yes we share the same wavelength of craziness. Never can he find a girl like me (ehemp!) who always keeps him laughing because I’m that crazy chick who always annoys the hell out of him. Jusko hijo, mahirap bumangka ng english ha?! How he enjoys my corny jokes and my wacky faces that he gets daily. Yes, that’s how we succeeded to keep our friendship and we’re grateful for the audio messages that we are sharing over WeChat.

Honesty is the best policy and this has been taught to us when we first set our foot in school. Let’s just be honest with what we feel if we are sad, mad or pissed. No one wants be lied at and telling lies to cover a lie is not a good idea either.

Put God at the center of your relationship. You have different relationships (friends, colleagues, family, etc.) and it would be best if God is with you. How about going to church first before going on a movie or dinner? Ask for His guidance and let Him take the lead on both of you. Funny that I asked M to go with me and yet he doesn’t want to. Same reaction when I told him I’ll introduce him to my Mom. Haha! I knew it, but that’s all in the past.

Respect for each other will get you a long way. Boys will always be boys. Girls will always be girls. So what am I trying to point out here? It’s okay to be mean (in a nice way please) to each other. You can play jokes with one another; call each other with a moniker which I find cute anyways. As long as you don’t go overboard, that is totally acceptable. But please be mindful that you may not be sensitive and hit the other person right on the spot. Just be cautious and have fun with each other’s company.

Be open to learning and understanding. Again, use this stage that you are both friends so you can be best of friends who actually built the trust and I’m telling you this because if time comes you decided to be more than friends, then you will not lose your bestfriend but if things won’t work out, still you save the friendship.

Prayer: Thank you LoRd for the provision of joy you have given us LoRd. Because of your promise of joy, we were able to overcome this test in our friendship. That we were able to keep your promise that you are the source of joy. Because of this promise, we were able to see the partnership of the believers. That with God's gift of joy, we were able to withstand the external pressures and see the goodness of your promise with the internal strength. You've given us joy that in whatever situation, we give glory to Your name for the provision of joy you have given us. That with this, we are able to see and have that perspective that we see the goodness, and thank You Lord for the partnership. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

Just sharing some videos of songs that I will always listen to because they never failed to lift me up.


Yes LoRd! at 5:59 - my favorite part and I can't stop mocking it :) 






9 comments:

  1. Xander7/10/2013

    What a wonderful post you have here. I agree that start with being friends, keep communication line open, be open. I find it cute that there are still guys out there that meet the girl's family or ask them to go to church with them. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for keeping us inspired, especially girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. michelle7/10/2013

    as always, you are inspiring lexi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7/11/2013

    This post is just leaving me speechless

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that I feel as if I have a deeper understanding of how a woman's mind works. Thanks Ate She.😉

    ReplyDelete