UNTITLED

I was about to write something in continuation with the Christian Courting entry (which was promised) I had last week and there are 3 more on queue that I was about to share as well in the upcoming days. But for now, I woke up (still) with a heavy heart and decided to share my thoughts about death.
 
My good friend lost his dearest mother after battling over sickness in the last 2 months and I was so sad when I found out of tita's passing. I don't understand exactly how my friend and his loved ones feel as of this moment but what I'm sure of is, this is really painful. They need all the prayers they can get to surpass the feeling of loneliness and I know how badly they need comfort to triumph over loneliness. We may never able to provide them the financial support they need (from medication to hospital bills to funeral expenses) but indeed prayers really can move mountains! It was much appreciated than anything else as of this moment which he did mention to me earlier.
 
Honestly, it was a heavy feeling for me to give my 2 cents on what death is, how we can accept and overcome the loss of a loved one, and on moving on. Numerous time I was asked on a funeral service to give my words but truthfully, I don't want to do it because 1) I am NOT in the position to say these comforting words because deep inside I'm still mourning from my Dad's passing. 2) My knowledge in Bible is no match compared to these Pastors leading the service. 3) I'm not confident to speak publicly with a heavy atmosphere. I guess, the 3rd one is pretty challenging for someone who wants to always infuse something funny or witty to make the situation a bit lighter or just simply put a little life to a normal convo. But I gave in to my friend's impromptu request to stand infront to share some words about death. It's hard to stand and conceal that my knees are shaking, but after I cleared my throat and started it with this...
 
Death. Death is something that MOST of us fear. I haven't met anyone who will say "I look forward to my death and I can't wait!" right? I, standing before each and everyone of you, I really don't know what to say or even how to start this.
 
There are 58 verses about death (in KJV that I've read) but let's trim it down to 15 from both OLD and NEW testament. These will give us where to get guidance, encouragement and strength. But what struck me was this:
 
Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
 
The pain, grieving, loneliness - I know how hard to combat all these. I was once seated there at the pew holding tightly my Mom's hand because that was the last service we had for my Dad before we bring him to his final resting place. Yes, I lost the most important man in my life and I dunno until when I will mourn, but I am still mourning up to this very minute.
 
No more pain, no more suffering. Our beloved someone who passed away, because I don't like to use the word "death" or "died" for one reason: we are not permanent residents of this world. Living here [on earth] is our passport to eternal life. The day our souls leave our bodies, that is our birth to eternal life.
 
All through our lives, we experience a LOT. Again, we will suffer which will bring us pain - because this is not our HOME. If we will not get the chance to feel these, then we will no longer wish to be with our Father who actually prepared a place for us.
 
John 14:2-3 2"In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3"If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also."
 
During our life here on earth, we will never get to live in a [so] comfortable way kind of living. Because if we do, we will no longer think of God's promises. We are transients of the earth, we are stewards of the earth.
 
Death is not something that we must not fear, death may be scary until we know that this is the only way to spend the eternal life our Father promised us. Be strong for one another, be each other's pillar of support, just be there for someone.
 

 
PS: I don't know what's the appropriate title for this, so let's leave it untitled.

6 comments:

  1. im inspired of your blog. i always look forward to checking this daily hoping to see a new post from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So moved by your kind words Bing, salamat.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7/05/2014

    Nakaka-tuwa naman na you share your words and let the people know of what your thoughts in a biblical way. - Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam. Ako rin natuwa sa pag bisita mo sa blog ko.

      Delete
  3. Patricia7/06/2014

    Do you conduct/attend Bible studies? I think I read that before, I just forgot which post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia! Yes, pero small group lang with my colleagues/friends at work. Then weekly sa house (family) gathering naman siya

      Delete