WHAT IS FAMILY TO YOU?

What comes in your mind when you hear the word family? I'm sure it will be a roll call of all the members (Dad, Mom, Brothers and Sisters) Yes, that's right this what really makes a family a family.
 
I've been sharing here how my family is, what kind of relationship we do have. I've always been thankful how blessed I am that God gave me parents like them, I was even blessed with 3 brothers that I couldn't ask for anything more.
 
Let me introduce to you the cast of our teleserye:
 
Don Apex - My Dad | Doña Beatriz - My Mom | Major - Kuya JB | Prof - Rick | Captain - John | And of course yours truly is Madam :P We have a funny family, I'm telling you now.
 
My Dad - He was a strong man with much, much stronger faith. The way he opened my mind in a lot of things at an early age made me feel that I somehow get wiser as the years passed by. With his daily chit-chats over coffee, his words of wisdom, the bible verses he shared and sometimes, I see it as an analogy already to what we were discussing. The dream he had was simple, to spend the remaining years in preaching the word of God and be a testimony how great our God is! Dad is my number 1 fan, he believes that I can sing even if I missed most of the notes (as per Mama and Rick), he finds me pretty even if my hair is a total mess and I have a pug nose (well, it's my fault anyways why it was like that, argh!) he believes in me that I can do it even if it's visible that I can't, he simply finds me perfect even if I am not. Though he always tell me one thing: "Please don't cry, you look really really awful when you do that so stop" In short, ang pangit ko na, lalo pa ako pumapangit :P Hehe! I missed him so much, especially when he checks me while I'm sleeping and make sure I have a towel at my back to absorb sweat. I badly miss my Papa, I want his hugs again.
 
My Mom - If my comedic acts was something inherited, then it would have to be from my Mama - and yes Rick and I finally came up with this conclusion that it's indeed a fact. The genes that makes us "always jolly and laughing" is what we got from her. The prim and proper side of us is from my Papa. Haha! She's the Mama that we call Super Mom. She can do a lot of things all at the same time (imagine how many household chores and she's multi-tasking them) she protects us and make sure we are under her wings when the weather gets tough, she pushes us to move forward when we were about to give up; wakes up extra early ensuring we'll fill our tummies with decent meals before heading to school/office, plus we do have packed lunch too! She is the number 1 person I can always tag along to anywhere I need to go, she is a brave woman, she always listen to me regardless of the topic, she gives me pieces of advice especially to my matters of the heart, she supports me in whatever insanity plan I have, she just simply believes in me that I can, that I can do it.
 
JB - My big brother, he's the first born in the family. The reason why I love music now, he was the one who influenced me and made me realize that I can dance. A protective and conservatice brother; if my parents agree that my outfit is okay and not too revealing or sexy, he is the first one to protest that it is! Always, like always to say "Change it", the person who always drives me to ER trips before (glad these days are officially over!) our personal chef who is more than willing to cook whatever request we have, someone who always asks me "Who is that guy?" when he see a brave soul in our house's receiving area, just the typical kuya that you imagine. Our number 1 resource for school projects and tutor for Math. He will give us a long sermon but he will give in to our request. He do research for us, draw/do the homework so we can sleep earlier. That's my Kuya JB.
 
Rick - Growing up, we always fight. Every single day, we fight and he ends up crying. I'm 7 years older than him yet he grew up to be a fine man now. We started to become close when he finished elementary, haha! We shared the same interest like reading and discussing the bible, Christian rock music, travel destination and most of all - how to earn extra income. Yes, that's right - we're both raketero't raketera. I even remember my Dad told us "Mag kapatid nga kayo, puro business ang nasa isip niyo" I guess, it's more of being a good steward of blessing. We grew up in a simple way of living and we're not really into material things. Rick is my go-to person to ask for advice, he gives me really good insights especially if I want a perspective coming from a guy's POV. He is talented, he can draw, paint - he's just artsy. Oh btw, he's my vocal coach too and my buddy whenever I need to go and Mom is unavailable. Mama, Rick and I share the same interest - we work hard to make our little nest be the home that you look forward to going to after the day ends.
 
John - He is the youngest among the pack. Our little sweet Anthony who is no longer a baby. I always try to make lambing to him and Rick but they always gets irritated. Haha! First, they are taller than me so they don't want me or Mama holding their hands whenever we cross the street. I think it's only John who protests, I don't have problems with Rick on this. Lol! He is the one who always ask his brothers or sister if he haven't seen any of them after school, he always tells me "Ate hinintay kita, tara sabay na tayo mag dinner" (since I always come home late if there are tight deadlines to meet). My little brother that is fond of playing pranks on me because I am that gullible, he is such a baby for us until now. Our baby brother that Rick, Kuya JB and I always tease because of the girls crushing on him. Haha! Our soon-to-be Mr. College Campus because our dear captain is being asked to join the Mr. and Ms. contest soon. Kilig!
 
I don't mind saying NO to a job offer that can actually change my life. With the perks that can come with it like: high salary - that will open doors for travel, shopping, dine out, my own car, etc., and the list goes on. Imagine the money I'm losing because I decline the offer, where in fact I could have gotten my own condo by now. But no regrets, like yeah "It's just money" that's my take on it and saying NO a few years back is the BEST decision I've made.
 
Because if I said yes, I missed the remaining 2 months that I'll get to spend with my Papa. I won't know a talented bunch of people that became my team and now converted to be my friends. I'll miss the opportunity to work on my faith in knowing Jesus more. I won't even get the chance to meet new friends in faith. I will just miss the kind of life I have right now.
 
Proverbs 15:17 "Better a small serving of vegetables with love than a fattened calf with hatred"
 
We may not be living in a luxurious way of living, we have enough and that's ALL that matters. As long as your family is intact, you eat each meal altogether, then this is more of a luxury than any material money can buy. Harmonious relationship; helping and supporting one another is what binds the family. I'm just thankful that we were trained to be frugal individuals and be contented with what we have. Nobody cares if your wearing brand names anyways :)
 
Perks of being a part of this teleserye.
  • daily dose of kulitan, tawanan, harutan, asaran
  • DVD marathon with chips on the side
  • healthy living (exercise and watch what you eat)
  • videoke session (a must!)
  • pasyal sa SM, palamig :)
  • palengke day (snack muna bago mamili, in short "gas muna" hehe)
  • being friends with your siblings' friends
  • you can always ask someone to get and read the text for you (lazy much)
  • long term planning
  • we get ample support in the things that we want to do
  • too many personal stylist
  • Bible study as a family
  • pray and eat most of the time

There will be a lot more to be added on the list, but I'll just stop from here.
 

1 comment: