TWILIGHT BACKDROP


The Friday that MJ died, I was really surprised when I’m watching Umagang kay Ganda when breaking news came into the screen of my TV and says that Michael Jackson is dead. At age 50, he did a great job in the music industry. I am not ashamed to admit that I grew up listening to him. Hey! I’m a child of the 80’s and I’m not that old haha!! When I was still in elementary days, my Saturday afternoons was spent watching his concerts especially the “Dangerous World Tour”. It was the best!! I can still recall once my mom called my name, it’s merienda time once again and I have to rewind the tape so once I’m done with my snack, another round of the same tape will be played. Too sad that DVDs and CDs were not uso then, thus resulting my VHS copy to get molds. I wasn’t able to save it, dammit. But after a year when the price of the collectors edition of MJ’s CDs and DVDs depreciates, definitely I’ll get my copies from my favorite record bar—odyssey (naks!! plugging!!). Michael Jackson, you are the BEST!

So what is the CD playing in my player then?

The answer would have to “David Archuleta” I was so, so shocked to know that his full name is “David James Archuleta” what a name!! All rolled-into-one is the best way to describe my astonishment. And now I know that a new moniker is on it’s way. Yikes!

I just got the copy [of my David Archuleta CD] last Saturday! And I am playing it over and over non-stop. Malapit na mag rap si David! Wahaha!! While I was strolling around cinema, checking the new movies, I saw New Moon’s poster. I ran quickly and strut beside Edward! I know, I know, Edward is just a fictional character but he was my ultimate “fictional” character crush. Maybe what I like about him is how romantic he is? How he took care of Bella perhaps? Nah, maybe he’s like a perfectly curved statue come to life. Whoa! So this is the picture of me. If I will be included on the poster, then it must be “New Moon with SpongeBob” haha!! Mallrat me in just a t-shirt, shorts, flip-flops and sunnies sans make-up. No more no less. I just have to hook the car keys on my shorts’ belt hoops and hold on to my mobile phone to attend the important calls that I cannot afford to miss or else I’m dead.

1 comment:

  1. light a candle for former president corazon aquino & be one with the whole nation as we pray for her. click HERE.

    ReplyDelete