I'M JEALOUS!

Two Thursdays ago while we were on our way to St. Jude, a friend of mine and a blogger as well Aian asked me “bakit di ka na nag uupdate ng blog mo?” Maybe one reason why I’m typing right now is to update my blog?! Probably yes, probably no. But one reason was I lost the theme I’ve worked so hard and now, my blog theme is something I can truthfully say ‘boring’. What made me finally update my blog is about a book I just finished reading last Monday. It was another novel by Paulo Coelho. He is one of my favorite writers and I have plans of reading all his books.

Eleven Minutes—a narrative suggested by someone who happens to be a friend which I haven’t get the chance to hang out with yet. Don’t get me wrong with that statement; maybe we will get a chance to chat over a cup of coffee one day and debate of the movie we’ve seen. That’s when if both of our schedules permit and I’m crossing my fingers that it will still come to life.

I will not dwell on what the story is all about. I might spoil you if you have plans of reading it, but one thing I assure is that “This book (Eleven Minutes) is indeed light read yet full of lessons to embrace”. Maria is the main character of the story and she met a guy whom is 6 years older than her who happens to be a famous painter. They taught each others lessons that the other needs. Like in real life, the person suggested the book was 6 years younger than me! It just made me jealous of him that he seems to be more experienced in life though I am older than him. I worked 5 years ahead of him, met different kinds of people in advance of him, too. But it gives me the impression that he is well informed of what the real world is all about. That the “real world” includes pain and lessons that we can only learn from occurrences; something that no school in this planet ever included in their curriculum.

I, myself had fair share of incidents that etched in my brain after the storm passed and ruined almost everything. I might look strong as what other say of me; nevertheless in reality, I also breakdown and cry. During those times that my tooth aches like hell, I cry. If a headache attacks, I need to take Advil in the earliest opportunity or else, I will be pulling my hair and saying “agh!!”. I know how to fight in this battle of life—fight fair square and accept if I was defeated on the game.

I can do whatever for my loved ones. They are my life, my love, my everything. Like Maria in the book, she works damn hard for the money—almost neglecting what the beauty of “real love” is. I don’t want to get in to the point that I didn’t see at all the love is in front of me. Though sometimes, I tend to put out of my mind that I need to think of myself, too.

Whatever life is all about, I know that we are here on earth for a certain purpose. No matter what kind of reason for my existence, I know that one day all I’m doing will be given of the meaning that it truly deserves.

1 comment:

  1. Update lang ng update and let the world know what is on your mind :)

    ReplyDelete