MILK TEA ADDICTION

I couldn’t blame Chowking for running out of Nai Cha in wee hours. It happened a month ago that I went to Chowking in C5 near Shell at 3 in the morning. Haha!! Today, blame the traffic that I had an excuse to treat myself to a cup of Nai Cha. I’ve made it before the closing time of Chowking Robinsons Galleria. Despite the heavy traffic on a Friday night, I’m almost there in getting my Nai Cha – too close yet too far pala =( *sniff*. It was my turn and when I was all smiles at the service crew to place my order when she politely said "Ma’am sorry po, ubos na" and she called for her manager to verify and when I saw she nodded at the cashier, my heart was broken again into pieces. Waaaaah!

 
‘Nuff said. I was just a bit exaggerating my-could’ve-been-reaction if it was proper to d so. I always love milk teas and I admit I’m now a convert milk tea lover from coffee lover. I still drink coffee, too but consumption wise – milk tea is much higher nowadays. So to nurse my broken heart caused by Chowking (hehe), I meander around but there’s no much time since it was almost 10PM and most of the shops are about to close. Plus I’m on my way to work when I decided to dropped by at the mall for some cold drinks. Lucky me to see Serenitea in Galleria! To my delight, I hurried down the store and looked at the menu at the counter. Yeeeeha! Like a 5 year old girl that cannot make up her mind, I was no difference at all. By reading their vast list of choices to how you would want your tea made with percentage of sugar – amazing! Not to mention how hi-tech their queue number is. Lols. I was dying to capture it but waaaaaay to shy to do so. Maybe if I’m not alone. Haha! It’s like a half inch smaller than a CD and it vibrates with all the red lights around it blinks when it was your turn to get your order at the counter. Super cool! Okay, I’ll stop I sound so taga-bundok with my excitement na. haha! There's music and a cool sofa, whatta big bonus pa =)

To add into my lists of stores to feed my milk tea addiction was Zen Tea, my favorite! Been their regular customer at St. Luke’s E. Rod store. It’s so affordable especially for students.

Here is the rest of my list on where to get your dose of milk tea.

Sip – Price starts at Php85 up. They have flavored Yakult drinks (like Serenitea). Also, the store serves meal like chicken, veggie spring rolls. Signature drinks are Milk Tea and Caramel Milk Tea.

Moonleaf – Price starts at Php70 up. They have pastries and Banoffee Pie is a must try at their Maginhawa Street (UP teacher’s village) branch. Signature drink is Melon Milk Tea which happens to be the crowd’s favorite.

Saint’s Alp – Prices starts at Php95 up. Another milk tea store that is in the heart of Katipunan. They offer light meals like chips. Signature dirnk is Light black tea white moustache.

Cha Dao – Price starts at Php50 up. I’m lucky that SM Masinag (a stone throw away from our house) has Cha Dao. Signature drink is Cha Yen (Thai milk red tea with vanilla & cinnamon). Too sad they don’t serve chips like other stores do.

Happy Lemon – My friends’ got split votes for Serenitea of Happy Lemon. I dunno why but I think both rocks! Thanks for the business minded people of our country to import this brand. Price starts at Php75 up. Signature drink is Cocoa with Rock Salt and Cheese.

Tea Tap CafĂ© – Price starts at Php70up. They serve takoyaki balls! Haha! Try their Signature drinks are Formosa Black Roast and Royal Black Milk Tea.

Bubble Tea – Price start at Php70up. Among the other stores listed above (except for HL), this one is from Taiwan. I must admit that there food is really good =) Signature drinks are Royal Milk Tea, Taro MilkTea.

Chatime – Another import from Taiwan (sounds like a basketball team from Taiwan haha!) Their price starts at Php75 up. Try their ChaTime Roasted Milk Tea. Don’t be like me to order an hour before closing or you’ll have to wait until they open the next day. It’s always sold out.

Gong Cha – The first time I saw this at Megamall, I was really confused of the long line. Seriously, I was wondering what’s with their tea? To feed my ever curious mind, here I go and fall in line and waited for my turn. When I had a sip of Earl Grey milk tea, now I realize that waiting is really worth the wait. Only to find out what I had was their must-try =)