INVEST IN HEALTHY LIVING

On living healthy, it is more than just eating healthy food. My friends especially those that I work with can attest to this. I don't eat chips considering that I grew up in front of a sari-sari store. The mere idea of having MSG, salt and flavorings stick to my fingers that I have to lick to remove them is something I didn't get to be accustomed to. Finishing a bag will definitely not happen in one sitting, like I need a trusty rubber band to roll and seal the foil and get back on it in the next two days when I get to sit down and watch the TV series again. Like the "not so healthy" sitserya that you can buy everywhere. My colleagues doesn't offer me their chips when they started eating one, it is like they get used to hearing me say "Sige lang, salamat!" Don't get me wrong, I sometimes give in to the offer like getting 3 or 2 but most of the time I'll just pick 1 piece out from the bag, haha! I know, I'm pretty weird like everyone loves junk food. For a foodie like me, I know this may sound a bit weird.
 
Not a soda drinker, not that much a drinker I would say. In a value meal that I order, I'll just sip thrice on the Coke or Sprite that comes with it. I prefer water, like yeah your plain water - not even ice cold will do. 

Sharing some trade secrets that I hold on to when it comes to living a happy loser life :)
  

Worth sharing :)
These acro is easy to memorize and will serve as a soft reminder of our eating habits.
 

Water | Alway hydrate! This is good for the skin and to detox those toxins out of your body.
TIP: Bring a tumbler with you, you'll never know when it will be handy. Mine, I have my trusty Lock&Lock :)
 

Veggies | Don't mind the grapes, avocado and banana :)
 

Fruits
 

Sleep | This is what I'm really working on right now, but I'm managing to squeeze
in some naps in between my free time, especially if I'm out on a trip :)
 

Exercise | Aiming for a stronger body! Sore today, strong tomorrow ♥ Pilates and Yoga FTW!
 

No to smoking and drinking | Need I to say more?
 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paula-davislaack/happiness-tips_b_2325700.html
Smile | I read an article that happy people look younger. *ehemp* *ehemp* |
Click the photo to read 10 Things Happy People Do Differently
 



http://www.self.com/body/work
Click the photo for Jennifer Aniston's YOGA


Sharing some more...

  • I steam hotdog, ham and fish most of the time. No oil, more healthy meal.
  • As much as possible, I eat fish and chicken as my ultimate source of protein. Being a pollotarian for years has been giving me a lot of benefits.
  • Indulge on your cravings! Don't deprive yourself, there are healthy no bake desserts that you can try, and I bet they are as good as those sinful sweets that you can get at the market.
  • Ample serving of fiber (bread, cereal, cookies) and fruits and veggies! You may want to make your own tuna spread by buying a Century Tuna (in oil) and use a healthier mayo. A pinch of salt and pepper will add more flavor if you want.
  • Chips - I do munch on healthier options like "no salt". I'm loving the wide array of choices from Oishi recently. Glad they are making potato chips that I will say "healthy sitserya" :)
  • Milk tea and coffee session in exchange of drinking session. Try Matcha Green Tea if you are a fan of Green Tea Frappe from Starbucks. This is a match-a made in heaven (Haha! Ang corny! :P) You will love this one for sure. Both has good benefits anyways.
  • Lastly, always wash your face before going to bed and apply some moisturizer. Don't wear make-up if not needed, au naturel is still the best way to show your real beauty.
 
Hope you had fun reading this post as much as I had fun writing it. :) :) :) Happy weekend!


Photo source: Google
 

No comments:

Post a Comment