LOVE LETTERS

Last June, I got inspired by Maricar and Richard's wedding (naks! feeling close kasi first name basis :)) and I ended up writing a letter to my future husband. Honestly, I don't have any idea who might he will be but I know in His time I will get to meet him. You can read my letter to him here 

To my surprise last January 1st, I got a response thru a fellow SFC sister who is currently based in Singapore and the letter she shared with me was this:




My Dear Future Wife:

I know you're waiting for me, and I'm sorry it seems to be taking me so long.

I hope you understand though, that I am looking for you, too. And that I'm still figuring out how to recognize you.

Just because I'm the Man, don't think I already know exactly what to do to win your heart, or sweep you off your feet, or be your Leader in this relationship that you need.

I'm not like those guys you read about in pocketbooks; I'm not like those heroes you watch in those sappy movies.

I'm a real, flawed, imperfect human being, not a fictional character.

And the fact of the matter is, I'm still figuring things out... Just like you are.

No one ever gave us the rules for relationships, and women are a baffling mystery to us.

So when I ask you out on a date, it doesn't mean I'm already sure a relationship will work out between us. But you CAN be sure that it took me a LOT of courage to ask you out.

And when I ask you to be my girlfriend, it doesn't mean I'm sure that a lifelong love is going to happen for us. It only means you've given me the courage to get to know you well enough, so we can find out together if we could -- and that I'll try everything I can to make it a possibility.
Finally, when I ask you to marry me, it doesn't mean I'm sure that I'll be a good husband or a good father. All I know is that you've given me the courage to believe that maybe I can... And as long as I have you in my life, I'll try everyday to make you happy.

I keep trying, even though it doesn't seem like I am.

You women have all these empowerment things, and sometimes you make us believe that you no longer need us men.

But we need you, and we know it.

We know how lonely we'll be without you.

Don't get us wrong, we'll probably still do the things we do, accomplish the things we need to accomplish.

But without the woman we love to do all these things for, we feel very very hollow inside.

Before I end, I also want to say I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for all those other men you trusted with your heart, but then hurt you anyway. I'm sorry for all those men who simply use women, and who don't deserve to be called men.

Most of all, I'm sorry if I've been one of those who disappointed or hurt you in the past... I'm sorry I didn't know any better.

But like I said, I'm trying, and I hope with all my heart that you would see that, and that for now it would be enough.

Just remember that I'm looking for you, and I want to ask you for your name and your number, and I want to ask you out and get to know you, and I want to really build something permanent with you.

Just remember to throw me a smile every once in a while... because it takes me a lot of courage to be a man, and your smile can make all the difference.

I'll be looking around for that smile.

Your Future Husband.



To all the ladies out there, keep smiling :) I know this sound weird, but I'm indeed glad I get to read this letter and I know (and claim) that this is his response to my letter 6 months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment