REBIRTH OF THE HALF-FILLED ME

Three months ago, I was not the same girl I once was.
After the 13 weeks of attending CLP or Christian Life Program, in the course of these weeks will serve as a participant’s preparation to be a part of SFC (Singles for Christ).

What is SFC by the way? The initial answer will be like this “It’s a group of single men and women serving God” yes, from the words itself, we are singles.

But what is CLP’s goal and what grounding someone needs in order for him to be a successful Single for Christ after the modules?

Specifically, the CLP is intended to achieve the following:

1. Bring the participant to repentance and a renewed faith in Jesus.
2. Empower the participant in the Christian life through baptism in the Holy Spirit.
3. Integrate the participant into a strong environment of support and ongoing formation.

Many of us have our schedules jam-packed and yet this will no longer feasible in their calendars. Some might have a weekly session with their friends for some drinks to rant about how a stressful week they had. Others may have this session or probably engage with activities that seem to be their hobby or something in that like.

13 weeks is still 3 months and the initial feedback someone can give by knowing the length of the program is “Can I make it?” or “How far can I go?” As a student that joined the community, I had my fair share of absences and I did research to make up for those. But in all honesty, it is a far cry from being in the class itself participating with the discussion.


The topics of the sessions are:

Module 1: THE BASIC TRUTHS ABOUT CHRISTIANITY

1. God's love
2. Who is Jesus Christ?
3. What it means to be a Christian
4. Repentance and faith

Module 2: THE AUTHENTIC CHRISTIAN LIFE

5. The Christian ideal: loving God
6. Loving your neighbor
7. The Christian family
8. Life in the Holy Spirit

 Module 3: LIVING A SPIRIT-FILLED CHRISTIAN LIFE

9. Receiving the power of the Holy Spirit
10. Growing in the Spirit
11. The life and mission of SFC
12. Transformation in Christ

 What made me join in this community? For the longest time, I really wanted to be an SFC member. Little did I know, this requires ample time to spend for preparation before you can actually be called a “single for Christ” I feel somehow half-filled with my relationship with Him though I pray and always make sure that I get to spend time with Him. The hunting begins on how will I become a part of SFC.

It took years and I feel hopeless at times. So what I have come up with finding my treasures to fill the emptiness? I didn’t do anything and let fate do its job, haha! Which it did, actually at some point when a flyer magically appeared in front of me (seriously this what happened, because my brother handed it to me!) and the little hunting I started ended in a bat of an eyelash J

Some will think that members of SFC are boring and these people don’t know how to socialize at all. Well, you are definitely wrong. They are far more than what you are thinking which wears thick eyeglasses, who will not speak a word to you when you don’t start the convo and most of all, these are people that don’t make friends at school or at work that’s why they joined. Nope, these people are yuppies (young professionals) and most of all live a normal like everyone else their age.

They know how to socialize in a clean-fun way, and they make use of their time and resources wisely. Why would you keep on wasting money for beers where you can put it somewhere worthy instead?

With the discussions I’d attended, of course it’s normal that I have my own favorite from the modules. Actually all of them but there were a few topics that really stand out.

One of my personal favorite was Talk # which is “What it means to be a Christian”

Maybe we are unaware of what we do hence, damaging our names. If you belong to a well-known family, you will be cautious if you bring justice to your surname right? How you do on a daily living boils down to one thing – my last name.

But have we thought if this is the only basis to be aware if we do rightfully or not? Have we thought if doing something bad is far more concerning in the eyes of our Father and yet it naturally slips our mind every time? Or we don’t care on that all?

No one is meant to live forever. We are just transients of the earth and yet we focus more on building for our future here. I’m not saying that we must stop working and let things fall into its place, no – I didn’t mean that. What I’m trying to say is we better work for our future in eternal life.

I have simple rules or rather questions I always ask myself. I am not perfect and I guess no one is either. But by simply keeping these in mind, I’m more cautious on whatever I do and say.

a) Does will give justice to my Christian name?
b) Don’t do anything that your Father will be hurt of.
c) Do what is only pleasing to God’s eyes.

 All of us may have done something that hurt our parents, and we felt bad for doing it right? I guess you got my point with these rules.

Talk 9 will be everyone’s favorite and I can bet you a dollar for every incorrect answer. Haha! The topic Receiving the power of the Holy Spirit was a life changing one. You will feel renewed as if you had a spa – yes, a spa for the soul.

Last Saturday was the big celebration of all newly grads from Lower Antipolo chapter. It was a blast! I really had fun and was able to have fun despite me being awake for 30 hours! Haha! Crazy me, but you can’t blame me. I never felt a single chance that I was sleepy, but too much exhaustion have taken its toll on me and I need to retire when midnight strike.

Some of the nameplates I get to keep, and I’ll surely miss getting these. But I do not fret, because I’ll get an official digitized ID with my name and SFC on it. Cooler than these, right?
 


To my fellow graduates, let’s make a stand and a change as newly members of Singles for Christ. This is just the beginning of a new journey we chose to make.

Here at the graduation rites, I took a photo (taken from my Instagram account) yes, we still have a notebook and pen!


Here’s a video of one of the song we sang that day. It was actually my personal favorite and was really surprised that this was on their playlist. Sweeeeeeet! It’s really fun to jump while singing for the LoRd J let’s jump and praise Him! You can sense how frustrated of a singer I am. Haha!

Hold me in Your arms, never let me go for I want to spend eternity with You.



4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/31/2012

    nice post you have here lexi. im glad you made comments available again in your blog. keep inspiring us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was really worth reading.

    ReplyDelete