BACK TO BASIC

i've always been a fan of "simple" things. i want all the basic stuff as much as possible. i'd never have a very complicated gadgets as far as my memory serves me right. it's always nokia phones that i've used since my parents gave me my first mobile phone at the age of 16. it was actually a gift from my parents after i killed myself of too much studying during my high school years.

right now, i can say that i'm living the life with "back to basics" mantra still. regardless how many changes passed me through out the years, i'm still like the high school student i was once.

when i was in high school, i was never been a fan of having all new stuff during the start of school year. admittedly kuripot, i find ways to use the unused leaves of my notebooks the previous year. every summer, i spend a week or two compiling those leaves and sewing them. covering my books and notebooks is a different story which i love to do :)

my school shoes was leather and it really lasts for years. i remember getting one for my graduation but i'm not complaining. in fact, i am thankful that at such a young age, i know what the value of each peso i spend. thanks to my parents for instilling in me the values of spending wisely. 
with all these that i've learned in high school until college, i am proud of myself that i never change despite the fact that i'm now earning. it's hard to spend your hard-earned money on something that is just a "want" and not a necessity after all. those days that i was having a bad time at work (but hey! i'm not complaining. i'm human hello?!?!!) and sleepless night makes me think twice before i spend on something.

i guess, we should learn that money is something we work for to buy our needs. we must value and accept the fact that there are such a great thing to look forward to rather than impulse buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment