THE TRIP

The year is about to end and I haven’t had my Christmas shopping yet. Despite the entire crisis going on with this country, I still think of shopping. Maybe, I’m not a spender but more on a penny-wise kind of chick. Sometimes, I divest myself of gifts – like a gift every payday. No. I didn’t coddle myself with luxurious stuff since the day I got my very first paycheck. But now, after all the tasks on a Monday, I was thinking what should I get my dad, mom and my brothers? Yeah, I can make a clean breast that the entire year they’ve been getting small gifts for no occasion at all. But it’s just too small that 500 pesos is more than enough.

I’d never had anything in mind to give myself this Christmas. Aside from the fact that I take care of myself; I drink a lot of fiber for good digestion. I take vitamins especially E and Iron plus I get as much sleep as possible. Sometimes, I tell myself that these are the basic which I will reap someday. What I want to achieve is something not touchable of course. Plans of pursuing higher education or at least going to my dream destination. There are so many things in life I’d like to get but not everything is meant for me.

Little did I know, I wasn’t looking at both sides. I may have missed something for quite a number of years now. Forgetting to inhale the wonderful air of life or at least making the most of every minute breathing. Guilty as charged of this, I took things for granted when I was younger. Too lazy to go online and search. Maybe for one good reason – I didn’t know where I really wanted to be when I am at this age.

I let the opportunity passed to become an exchange student or perhaps an intern in a different industry. I focused too much on the field of my study which is the norm when you are a student. It is not too late to get involved and do a bit of remedy to make up for what I wasn’t able to do before. Yes, the best think I want to reward myself for working hard these years is a trip.

Yes. A TRIP. A trip that will cost a fortune and for all of you reading now will ask this “why would she spend all her hard earned money for a trip?” Sounds foolish right? I guess, I want to do this to give myself a peace of mind I’ve been wanting to get over the last 5 years of my existence. I wasted 5 years, and I hope that with this trip, I will be able to reconstruct the wasted time of my life.

With this one big step I’m about to do with so much passion and bravery, I am positive that this will be the beginning. It is never too late to get involved if you really want to accomplish something.












No comments:

Post a Comment