ST. PIO CHAPEL

Every year, no matter how much I try to make an entry as my year ender, it never actually happened. Maybe for one reason, I cannot write what I really want for there are so many things happened and yet I am still clueless on what topic will make the cut.


I’ve decided to write one (this time) out of the many extraordinary things I’ve encountered for the last twelve months. This year, I will take time to share something that is bizarre yet mind opening experience I’ve had.

It started August of this year that I’ve dreamt of a chapel. Yes, a chapel which I have no clue where and what. All I saw in my dream was a "St. Pio Chapel" sign. Honestly, I don’t know where it is located or if one exists in the country I am in. Maybe this is somewhere in Italy or any holy land there is.

After I woke up, I just forgot about that reverie and everyday was like normal again. Until 4 months later, it was a recurring trance that I almost freak out. Not to the sense that I was hysterical but I was just thinking what does my dream mean if it is frequent already? I went online and did research. Yes, thanks to the power of internet! Little did I know it was 5 minute drive from my work place? Sweet!

It wasn’t schedule at all when I first visited the chapel. The moment I entered the door, it was surreal that tears started flowing down my cheeks. It was like a spa after the visit – yes, a spa for the soul. What I felt is like the feeling you get when you’re finally home after a long time. I’d never been away from my family so if you have worked overseas, you definitely understand what I mean with this.

My favorite part of the chapel was the small prayer room. In respect to the place, I managed not to take a photo of it. There were hook bags on the pews and these pews are not the usual one you will see on church. It is like a chunk of wood that was made to look like a pew finished with varnished. I feel like I’m not on the current time whenever I’m seated here.

Another highlight of the place is the candle room. It was creative – actually the whole chapel itself is creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment