MY ROOTS

Today’s admittedly a scantly damaged sanity obviously shows after too much thinking of what to reply on two days of getting text messages from the same person. Or I guess the Red Ribbon’s soft and moist chocolate cake caused me to drain some of the remaining brain cells because of its delicious taste and unforgettable texture that still haunts me.
Nothing is much happier to see the fruit of your labor. Hence, there will be consequences on what you will have to go through daily. You cannot be happy all throughout your life. But think how victoriously all the problems were solved? At my age 28, I can say I’ve been through a lot. And you will be surprised how much strength I’ve mustered just to survive and remain standing at this very moment. Learning the facets of life will bring you pains, scars and lessons you wouldn’t want to trade for precious gems or stones somehow has to offer now. Question is: where and how I end up like this? I’ll tell you now.
Shame on me that I didn’t get to write something “serious” about my parents. It’s always about my rants and raves but yes – mostly rants. Who’s to blame? I’m human with emotions that can be impairing at times or when someone just wants to mar me.
My dad – someone who never taught me how to be weak but always stand and be strong. My number one supporter in everything I do! And this includes impossible dream. On the other hand, my mom will be the villain in crashing my hopes in that impractical thought I’ve had.
My mom – she’s strong and I dunno where on earth did she get that. I admire her for being the mother of the house that everyone wishes. (Of course there will be some or most disagree with me since you think the same as I do towards your mothers – if yes, hands-down to you guys).
My parents – I’m not from a filthy rich family with 1:1 ratio of car for each family member. I wouldn’t wish of that either. If we are damn rich, I will not have enough time to spend with my parents. They will be obviously busy with work or with the family business. Most of the time, they are busy travelling making sure their passports’ pages will not continue to exist in less than 3 years. No more time to attend PTA meetings during our schooling years. It will always be our dear “yaya” who will discuss our development in school which is our parents’ responsibility in the first place. Lucky if we will have our tita do this on my parent’s behalf.
But God’s plan works in ways that we cannot imagine. Lucky the 4 of us, we have our mom (since dad used to work overseas) attending school meetings, cheering for field demo and being our PA (personal assistant) in school parades (Yes!! I get to be the muse, too! Haha) where she makes sure my hair and make-up is still in place.
Dad on the other hand still made sure he is supporting his children to study well. Despite the thousand miles of ocean on the way, he will send postcards in our school address. Of course, the message is not “Wish you were here” NO. It’s always words of encouragement that we will reach the beautiful place on the postcard someday if we will study hard. I feel really special if I get to be called in the principal’s office not because I need to get reprimanded but my dad surprised me again and again and again.
The best advice my parents gave me was this “Always remember that God will never give you something you cannot handle”