MOVED BY THE PASTOR'S PREACH

“Worry is the prime product of fears for uncertain things”
This was what the preacher said one Sunday afternoon. It really hit me damn hard. Therefore, I conclude or should I say “admit” that I am guilty.

Most of us spend more time worrying rather than praying. Why do we bother that much if the problem hasn’t happened yet? But I think it is very normal of humans to do it because of feelings—probably emotions are the said culprit. Hmm, what ever it is, this is included in my New Year’s Resolution.

For this year, I’ll be more:

• Be more conscious with people around me – not to decrease the trust I have for them but to be more sensitive to the fact of how fragile they are. Humans have the tendency to get hurt (easily) whether emotionally or physically, whichever it is—I must take all the precaution I can come up with.


• I will stop complaining – I know this is in reality hard to do. But I will test my self and I’m positive that I will win on this challenge.

• I will think and breathe first before I give my answer – this is not applicable in daily conversation peeps. Just in times when you smell predicament is on its way if you blurt the first thought you can come up with.

• Listen to music as much as I can – it helps ease me at work especially when the’re bully around you, and you as the special human toy for the rest of their existence.

• I will try different stuff – this year, I wanted to change the way how I manage my life. I wanted to try things I’d never did before. Or by simply putting a new outfit or hairstyle is the first step in having this come into reality.

• Read more – I wish I'm a sucker of this hobby called "reading". I envy those who are habitual readers. But I read books, too. Twilight saga, anyone? =)

• I will use the net productively – read news and check what’s going on. Watching news are available in my sched on a weekend due to my work schedule. Surf the net with educational stuff; I currently love medical websites. They are indeed informative. Anything about cars and photography is on the list as well.

• Practice time management – haaay, should I include this? Yes. This will not happen overnight but I’m taking baby step by baby step. No more OT-y hehe ;p

Having said all these and some being done, I think losing my shrewd opinions were put into trash. Just need to survive the second death bed of susceptibility.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/15/2009

    miss lexi tama yan. huwag ka ng mag stay sa office ng late. stay healthy and hope you will write about love naman. diba romantic realist ka?

    ReplyDelete